[lustre-discuss] problem getting high performance output to single file

John Bauer bauerj at iodoctors.com
Tue May 19 08:52:19 PDT 2015

David

You note that you write a 6GB file.  I suspect that your Linux systems
have significantly more memory than 6GB meaning your file will end being
cached in the system buffers.  It wont matter how many OSTs you use as
you probably are not measuring the speed to the OST's, but rather, you
are measuring the memory copy speed.
What transfer rate are you seeing?

John