[lustre-discuss] Coexistence of Luster client and server on a single machine

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Thu May 21 04:34:04 PDT 2015

Hello,

some time ago I asked whether it is possible to run lustre server (OSD) and
client (mount -t lustre) on the same machine. Somewhere close to Lustre 1.3.x,
the answer was not, such setup is not recommended due to VM pressure from
client and server.

Is there anything new with current mainline Lustre version? So, can I mount my
lustre fs on the same server that is used as OSD or MTS without harm?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek