[lustre-discuss] Cannot remove file

Martin Hecht hecht at hlrs.de
Thu May 28 04:13:35 PDT 2015

hi,

if the file name starts with a dash, you should prepend "./" to it when
calling unlink. I'm not sure if it works with these broken files, which
don't even have a proper name anymore.
Also, you probably have to escape the question marks so that they don't
act as wildcard in the shell (or better enclose it in single quotes):

If this doesn't work, you could try to stop lustre and mount the MDT as
ldiskfs and remove the entries on that level.

lfsck is supposed to fix this online, too, but it doesn't work in 2.5 if
I recall correctly.

best regards,
Martin