[lustre-discuss] Issue with lnet showing network down lustre 2.5.3

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Thu May 28 07:00:27 PDT 2015

> On May 28, 2015, at 9:27 AM, Kurt Strosahl <strosahl at jlab.org> wrote:
>
>   I've encountered an unusual issue when upgrading a lustre client from 1.8.7 to 2.5.3.  The client installed, but when I start the lnet service it does not come up (all the modules load).  When I run a service lnet status it shows the following error:
>
> sudo service lnet status
> cat: /proc/sys/lnet/routes: No such file or directory
> loaded

I have run into situations before where I have upgraded Lustre (or tried to reload the Lustre modules with the system up), but the Lustre entries in /proc were messed up.  It has not happened very often, and in some of the cases, the system still seemed to be working properly.  In order to clear it up, I just had to reboot the node.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator