[lustre-discuss] lustre 2.5.3 changelog mask question

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Fri May 29 06:45:53 PDT 2015

Good Morning,

   I'm trying to set the changelog mask on a lustre 2.5.3 system and it seems that the documentation isn't 100% accurate.

According to the documentation found at https://build.hpdd.intel.com/job/lustre-manual/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/lustre_manual.pdf one of the values is IOCTL.  However when I try to set the mask I get the following error...

lctl set_param mdd.lustre2-MDT0000.changelog_mask="MKDIR CREAT HLINK UNLNK RMDIR RENME RNMTO TRUNC SATTR IOCTL"
mdd.lustre2-MDT0000.changelog_mask=MKDIR CREAT HLINK UNLNK RMDIR RENME RNMTO TRUNC SATTR IOCTL
error: set_param: setting /proc/fs/lustre/mdd/lustre2-MDT0000/changelog_mask=MKDIR CREAT HLINK UNLNK RMDIR RENME RNMTO TRUNC SATTR IOCTL: Invalid argument

The same seems to be true for RNMFM.

What was that value changed to?

w/r,
Kurt