[lustre-discuss] Can't get zfs OST to mount on a freshly built server

Götz Waschk goetz.waschk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 02:09:19 PST 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Bob Ball <ball at umich.edu> wrote:
> OK, so, I am seeing EXACTLY the issue reported at the end of LU-6452 8
> minutes after it was closed by Andreas Dilger.
> https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-6452
>
> There is no response.  Is there a solution?

Hi Bob,

I guess my answer is rather for the archive. I had the same problem. I
guess this information is for paying customers only and not found in
the release notes or on Jira.

> This is Lustre 2.7.0 with (now) zfs 0.6.4.1-1, which was current when the
> server was built.  I see a number of recent Emails about updates to Lustre
> sources against this zfs version, but is there a solution for the standard
> set of 2.7.0 Lustre rpms?  Or any solution that will get me un-stuck?

Your version of zfs is too new. The binary rpms of lustre 2.7.0 are
compatible with spl/zfs 0.6.3-1.2 only:
# modinfo zfs|grep version
version:        0.6.3-1.2
srcversion:     9888DC55B2F55794F6B5D44
# modinfo osd_zfs|grep version
srcversion:     D9F832C8E8804F08B693280
vermagic:       2.6.32-504.8.1.el6_lustre.x86_64 SMP mod_unload modversions

Regards, Götz Waschk