[lustre-discuss] lustre 2.5.2 - unable to mount ost

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Mon Nov 23 07:57:50 PST 2015

> On Nov 22, 2015, at 6:12 PM, Perez, Rafael <rjperez at bnl.gov> wrote:
>
> LustreError: 10476:0:(mgc_request.c:1707:mgc_llog_local_copy()) MGC172.31.11.121 at o2ib: failed to copy remote log lfs1-client: rc = -5
> LustreError: 13a-8: Failed to get MGS log lfs1-client and no local copy.
> LustreError: 15c-8: MGC172.31.11.121 at o2ib: The configuration from log 'lfs1-client' failed (-2). This may be the result of communication errors between this node and the MGS, a bad configuration, or other errors. See the syslog for more information.
> LustreError: 10476:0:(obd_mount_server.c:1285:server_start_targets()) lfs1-OST0006: failed to start LWP: -2

Does this server have other OSTs that mount? Or is this the only OST on this OSS server?  You can use tune2fs to list the OST config parameters and verify that they are correct.  I have also seen this kind of error when there are network problems.  I would look for IB errors or other signs of problems.  (Maybe even do a bandwidth test to see if it is performing as expected.)  You can also run “lctl ping” to test LNet connectivity between the OSS server and the MGS server.

If the network checks out and it really is the llog that is the problem, you can try doing a writeconf to fix things up.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator