[lustre-discuss] recovery MDT ".." directory entries (LU-5626)

Chris Hunter chris.hunter at yale.edu
Tue Oct 27 08:22:34 PDT 2015

We have a lustre 1.8 filesystem that was upgraded to lustre 2.x and
"dirdata" feature was enabled. We encountered LU-5626/LU-2638 issue with
".." directory entries. Are there established recovery steps for this
issue ?

If I run fsck, the directory entries will be moved into lost+found.
I assume the next step is to run the ll_recover_lost_found_objs tool ?

Can you share any advice/experience about recovery ?

thanks,
chris hunter
chris.hunter at yale.edu