[lustre-discuss] refresh file layout error

E.S. Rosenberg esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu
Wed Sep 2 22:22:44 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:47 PM, Wahl, Edward <ewahl at osc.edu> wrote:

> I've seen this kind of error before when doing samba to do something
> stupid (and let's face it, that most everything with samba)   It was a
> locking issue I think.   Things were being changed/deleted/ (unlinked in
> actuality)  as the client was trying to do something with it.
>
>  Is the Apache process or it's spawned app(s)  still working on the files
> in question while serving them up?

Not as far as I know, these are result files that were generated days ago
(possibly more) and should be static by now....
But I'll double check with the people behind the app....

> That would be my guess here.  Any chance this is across NFS?  Seen that a
> great deal with this error, it used to cause crashes.

Strictly speaking it is not, but it may be because a part of the path the
server 'sees'/'knows' is a symlink to the lustre filesystem which lives on
nfs...

Thanks,
Eli