[lustre-discuss] Remove failnode parameter

Martin Hecht hecht at hlrs.de
Thu Sep 24 01:43:51 PDT 2015

On 09/23/2015 02:38 AM, Exec Unerd wrote:
> I made a typo when setting failnode/servicenode parameters, but I can't
> figure out how to remove the failnode parameter entirely
>
> I can change the failnode NIDs, but I can't figure out how to completely
> remove "failnode" from the system.
>
> Does anyone have an example of a syntax (maybe lctl?) that will eliminate
> the failnode parameter from the config so there's no chance it gets in the
> way of the servicenode parameter?

you have set the failnode with tunefs.lustre, right? You can erase *all*
parameters with tunefs.lustre --erase-params and set the correct ones
again. You can combine several ones in one call, and I recommend to use
also the dry-run option before actually changing anything

tunefs.lustre --erase-params --mgsnode=10.11.12.13 at o2ib --param
sys.timeout=300  --failnode=10.11.12.101 at o2ib --dryrun
/dev/mapper/some-device

the output will be the previous values and the premanent disk data which
the command intents to write. If this is ok, ommit the --dryrun option.
BTW the file system must be unmounted to perform the tunefs command.