[lustre-discuss] Problems with quota after adding a new OST

Massimo Sgaravatto massimo.sgaravatto at pd.infn.it
Fri Apr 8 09:40:36 PDT 2016

Hi

We are running Lustre 2.7.0. We have problems with quota on a filesystem.

This filesystem was initially composed of a single OST, and at that time
quota was enable on the MDT simply doing:

lctl conf_param cmshome.quota.ost=u
lctl conf_param cmshome.quota.mdt=u

Nothing was needed on the OST (besided specifying "--param
ost.quota_type=ug" when formatting).

Problems started when we added a new OST (OST0002: there is also a
deactived OST0001). This was formatted using "--param ost.quota_type=ug"
but quota is disabled on this OST. [*]

Do I need to somehow explicitly enable quota on this OST ? How and why ?

Thanks a lot, Massimo

[*]

# lfs quota -v -u sgaravat /homeui
Disk quotas for user sgaravat (uid 741):
      Filesystem  kbytes   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
   grace
         /homeui  357356  400000  410000       -       2       0       0
       -
cmshome-MDT0000_UUID
                       0       -       0       -       2       -       0
       -
cmshome-OST0000_UUID
                  355784       -  372168       -       -       -       -
       -
quotactl ost1 failed.
cmshome-OST0002_UUID
                    1572       -       0       -       -       -       -
       -
Total allocated inode limit: 0, total allocated block limit: 372168
Some errors happened when getting quota info. Some devices may be not
working or deactivated. The data in "[]" is inaccurate.