[lustre-discuss] Problems with quota after adding a new OST

Massimo Sgaravatto massimo.sgaravatto at pd.infn.it
Mon Apr 11 23:36:33 PDT 2016

Indeed when I created that filesystem I simply ran on the MDS:

lctl conf_param cmshome.quota.ost=u
lctl conf_param cmshome.quota.mdt=u

and this was enough.

As I tried to explain in my mail, the problem started when I added
another OST to this filesystem.
And now I have an OST with quota, and another one where quota is disabled !

I have the feeling that the problem is somehow due to the inactive OST
ost1 between the two online OSTs:

client# lfs quota -v -u fanzago /homeui
Disk quotas for user fanzago (uid 716):
      Filesystem  kbytes   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
   grace
         /homeui 16777812* 1000000 1100000       -     187       0
  0       -
cmshome-MDT0000_UUID
                     156       -       0       -     187       -       0
       -
cmshome-OST0000_UUID
                  550544       -  812688       -       -       -       -
       -
quotactl ost1 failed.
cmshome-OST0002_UUID
                 16227112       -       0       -       -       -
-       -
Total allocated inode limit: 0, total allocated block limit: 812688
Some errors happened when getting quota info. Some devices may be not
working or deactivated. The data in "[]" is inaccurate.