[lustre-discuss] "Text file busy" error

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Wed Apr 20 07:19:47 PDT 2016

The version of Lustre in the upstream kernel for _features_ is pre-2.4, but it has a large number of bug fixes since then.  That means it can connect to most normal Lustre servers, but does not have HSM or DNE or any of the major features added in 2.4 and later.

That is a restriction placed upon us in the kernel staging area until that code is cleaned up sufficiently to be moved into the main tree.

The master and 2.8 clients work up to at least kernel 4.2 and possibly later, and are of course up-to-date feature wise.

Cheers, Andreas