[lustre-discuss] MDT backup using dump

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Fri Apr 22 21:11:38 PDT 2016

Nathan,
The "dump" tools quite out of date and does not support several of the features that are present in modern ldiskfs, especially since some of those features are not even supported in the upstream e2fsprogs).

It would not be usable for doing an MDT backup as-is, though conceivably it could be revived if you had an interest in doing so. I could work with you to describe what would need to be done, since I used to use and help develop this tool at one time in the past, but it definitely won't be a short-term undertaking.

Cheers, Andreas