[lustre-discuss] Strange lustre 2.7 client behavior

Jérôme BECOT jerome.becot at inserm.fr
Wed Apr 27 09:08:43 PDT 2016

I have downgraded machines causing the issue to 2.7.0.1 client

It doesn't have the folder issue, but

in 2.7.65 : The ls -l command issued in a script by the nrpe agent cause
the "lustre-MDT0000-mdc-ffff88032e4cb000: operation ldlm_enqueue to node
10.0.1.60 at tcp failed: rc = -14" error in the logs
in 2.7.0 : The command doesn't cause the error on standard client,
however clients with a preceding 2.7.65 version still triggers this
error until the servers are restarted

The ls -l launched several times in a terminal does not triggers the
error nor the nrpe script with a simple ls.

As I didn't have any answer for the ldlm_enqueue error in my precedent
email, I do not expect any answer though I just want to give an update
(if someone else face this problem some day)

Regards

Le 26/04/2016 10:36, Jérôme BECOT a écrit :
> Ok then
>
> No backward compatibility issue with our 2.6 servers ?
> I can downgrade to 2.7 if it is better
>
> Thanks
>
> Le 25/04/2016 20:47, Dilger, Andreas a écrit :
>> I wouldn't recommend to run 2.7.65 now that 2.8.0 is released. That
>> is a development version and suitable for testing, but a lot of fixes
>> have been landed into the 2.8.0 release.
>>
>> Cheers, Andreas
>>
>>> On Apr 25, 2016, at 09:46, Jérôme BECOT <jerome.becot at inserm.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is not really an issue, but I wondered if you already got it :
>>>
>>> Fresh installed linux machines. Lustre client 2.7.65 recompiled for
>>> kernel 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64 on CentOS 7.2
>>> I boot the machine. "/scratch" folder is mounted from lustre with fstab
>>> I have an nagios nrpe daemon running. It controls the mount by
>>> running a bash script which begins with "if [ -d /scratch]"
>>>
>>> This very first test returns  False.
>>>
>>> If I add "else echo $(ls -l /);" it returns :
>>> d?????????? ? ? ? ? ? scratch
>>>
>>> If I unmount, the test is ok
>>> If I remount, it not pass
>>>
>>> If i run ls /scratch or the same test directly from a root shell,
>>> it's ok, and then my script works.
>>>
>>> It may be a bug. Any idea ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jérome BECOT
>>>
>>> Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux
>>>
>>> Molécules à visée Thérapeutique par des approches in Silico (MTi)
>>> Univ Paris Diderot, UMRS973 Inserm
>>> Case 013
>>> Bât. Lamarck A, porte 412
>>> 35, rue Hélène Brion 75205 Paris Cedex 13