[lustre-discuss] tune2fs being blocked by MMP

Gibbins, Faye Faye.Gibbins at cirrus.com
Thu Aug 11 02:59:08 PDT 2016

Hi,

 So we have three lustre nodes ATM, say A, B and C. The MSG+OSS and two additional ones which are OSS's too.

 In this case we have an LVM called /dev/mapper/audiodb--1--5-audiodb_0 which is one part of many ext4 file systems that make up the whole audiodb file system under Lustre.

I've checked all three machines and confirmed that only host A mounts that LVM, however all three can see the LVM as we are multi-pathing the fibre to the backend storage.

On host A I can run "tune2fs -l /dev/mapper/audiodb--1--5-audiodb_0" just fine. But when I try to run "tune2fs -e panic /dev/mapper/audiodb--1--5-audiodb_0" this happens:

Snip---
0 A:~# tune2fs -e panic /dev/mapper/audiodb--1--5-audiodb_0
tune2fs 1.42.13.wc4 (28-Nov-2015)
tune2fs: MMP: device currently active while trying to open /dev/mapper/audiodb--1--5-audiodb_0
MMP error info: last update: Thu Aug 11 10:55:48 2016
 node: A device: dm-20
0 A:~#
Snip---

Can anyone help with this?