[lustre-discuss] Permanently remove osts: tunefs writeconf on zfs osts

Fernando Pérez fperez at icm.csic.es
Sat Aug 13 12:27:14 PDT 2016

Dear all.

I have a lustre filesystem with one combined mdt / mgs, some old ldiskfs osts and other new zfs osts.

I need to remove some old ldiskfs osts. Currently these osts are empty (I deactivated these osts and then I migrated all the files before).

What is the correct way to permanent deactivate and remove these osts? Deactivate them using lctl and then regenerate lustre configuration files logs using tunefs according to chapter 14 in the lustre documentation?

My question is due to the zfs osts, Do I need to run tunefs.lustre —writeconf on these zfs osts?

Regards.

Fernando Pérez
Institut de Ciències del Mar (CMIMA-CSIC)
Departament Oceanografía Física i Tecnològica
Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta,37-49
08003 Barcelona
Phone:  (+34) 93 230 96 35