[lustre-discuss] Simple Lustre question

Brett Lee brettlee.lustre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:39:08 PST 2016

Hi Markham,

Maybe think of Lustre as a bunch of different components...  While you can
combine the components (server services and client services) on one node,
you can also put each service on a different node, and connect them via a
network.

To begin, I suggest using just one node.  Start all the server services,
and then start the client service.  Then start and stop it all a few
times.  Once you get the hang of it, then split the server services to
different nodes, and put the client on it's own node also.

Seem reasonable?
--
Secure your confidential information with PDS2
PDS Software Solutions LLC