[lustre-discuss] LustreError on ZFS volumes

Jesse Stroik jesse.stroik at ssec.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 13 11:15:28 PST 2016

We discussed a course of action this morning and decided that we'd start
by migrating the files off of the OST. Testing suggests files that
cannot be completely read will be left on OST0002.

Due to the nature of the corruption - faulty hardware raid controller -
it seems unlikely we'll be able to meaningfully save any files that were
corrupted. This is something we may evaluate more closely once the
lfs_migrate is complete and we have our file list.

We'll then share the list of corrupted files with our users and find out
the cost of the lost data. If it's reasonably reproducible, we'll
reinitialize the RAID array and reformat the vdev.

Thanks for your help, Tom!

Best,
Jesse Stroik