[lustre-discuss] race condition with systemd?

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Tue Dec 13 12:13:54 PST 2016

All,

I have built/updated the latest lustre (2.9.50) for the new CentOS 7.3 that was released.
Everything works well, except on reboot lnet seems to load before the ipoib, so it only binds to the Ethernet address. I have to stop/restart it for it to 'see' the infiniband IP address and bind to it.

There doesn't seem to be an lnet.service unit file that is created, so it gets put in /etc/init.d and uses chkconfig for startup.

I am guessing the patch from July is still stuck and not being released: https://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/21457/
Maybe we could bump that in soon?

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing