[lustre-discuss] many 'ksym' packages required

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Wed Dec 28 22:37:56 PST 2016

Marcin,

Thanks for that.
I am working with Intel on it. It seems the lustre.spec that is generated does not set the ‘AutoReq: no’ to prevent the requirements. I am using the latest zfs (zfs-0.6.5.8-1.el7.centos.x86_64).
I have found that after building the rpms (make rpms), you can also do rpmbuild on the lustre-dkms.spec file which can be used instead of the kmod-lustre and builds without the required ksym packages and be more appropriate if you are using zfs-dkms

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California