[lustre-discuss] size of MDT object files?

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Tue Feb 9 14:21:39 PST 2016

On 2016/02/09, 11:44, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Chris Hunter"
<lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of chuntera at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have two lustre 2.5 filesystems. I notice on one filesystem with 8
>OSTs the MDT object files (eg. subdir O/1) have sizes of ~100k.
>
>While second filesystem with 4 OSTs the MDT object files are size 2-4M.
>FYI, we have changelogs enabled on this filesystem.
>
>Any ideas why the files are larger in second case ?

The O/1 directory holds only the "lustre log" files, so if you have
changelogs enabled there, then that is where they would be stored.  The
other thing written to these logs is for tracking files that are unlinked
on the MDT but still need OST objects destroyed, so there will usually be
some logs there (one or two per OST) at any given time.

Lustre Principal Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division