[lustre-discuss] qos_threshold_rr not working after mds failover

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Wed Feb 17 08:21:50 PST 2016

Good Morning,

    I've recently encountered an issue with the qos_threshold_rr.  About a month ago we removed an OST from our system, and the qos_threshold_rr kept working, however we had to do a failover of our mds... and from that point on the system stopped allocating files using the weighted algorithm.  I was able to get the system to allocate files by setting qos_threshold_rr to zero, and tested it by restoring the value to its original 17%.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?  I'm running lustre 2.5.3.

w/r,
Kurt