[lustre-discuss] relation between peer_credits & max_rpcs_in_flight

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Sat Feb 20 22:03:09 PST 2016

On 2016/02/19, 18:07, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Chris Hunter"
<lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of chuntera at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I saw a presentation that stated to increase osc.max_rpcs_in_flight
>setting on a lustre client, you have to increase the o2iblnd
>peer_credits parameter. I this correct?

Chris, to see any improvement, both parameters have to be increased.
Otherwise, one or the other will limit the number of RPCs on the wire.

I've wanted to get these linked together automatically in some way (e.g.
https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-3184) but there are technical
reasons that this isn't very easy/practical to do.

Lustre Principal Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division