[lustre-discuss] problem loading zfs properties for a lustre/zfs fs

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Mon Jul 11 15:53:13 PDT 2016

Hello,
I am tailoring my system for lustre on ZFS and I am not able to set
these parameters
writing the config file /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf with the following options

options zfs zfs_prefetch_disable=1
options zfs zfs_txg_history=120
options zfs metaslab_debug:unload=1

when I check the parameters after boot in /sys/module/zfs/parameters
they are still the defaults, and my modification are not taken.

zfs.conf is being ignored at boot time I do not know why.

I had to do a

echo 1 > /sys/module/zfs/parameters/options zfs zfs_prefetch_disable

inside rc.local

to have it working

I am running RHEL7 with latest kernel  and zfs 0.6.5.7-1

any hints ?

thank you

Riccardo