[lustre-discuss] Error on a zpool underlying an OST

Kevin Abbey kevin.abbey at rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 15 08:58:53 PDT 2016

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the notes.  I began to examining the zpool before
obtaining the new LSI card.  I was unable to start lustre without the
new card. Once I installed the replacement and re-examined the zpools
the resilvered pool was re-scrubbed, exported and reimported, and to my
surprise repaired.  As a further test, I removed the spare disk that
replaced the "apparent" bad disk and re-added the disk that was
removed.  The zpool resilvered ok and scrubbed clean.  Lustre mounted
and cleaned a few orphaned blocks but appeared fully functional from the
client side.  However, without a "snapshot" (file list, md5sums - though
zfs does internal check sums) of the prior status I cannot be sure if a
data file was lost.  This is something I'll need to address. Maybe
Robinhood can help with this?

Thanks again for the notes.  They will likely be useful in a similar
scenario.

Kevin

--
Kevin Abbey