[lustre-discuss] lnet router lustre rpm compatibility

Jessica Otey jotey at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 20 14:00:43 PDT 2016

All,
I am in the process of preparing to upgrade a production lustre system
running 1.8.9 to 2.4.3.
This current system has 2 lnet routers.
Our plan is to perform the upgrade in 2 stages:
1) Upgrade the MDS and OSSes to 2.4.3, leaving clients in 1.8.9.
2) Upgrade all clients to 2.4.3 (thus allowing the entire system to be
subsequently updated to 2.5 and beyond)

The problem is that I can't seem to locate any information about the
version requirements (if any) for lnet routers. Does the lnet router
have to be the same as mds, or the same as the clients? Or both?

Any light shed on this would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Jessica

--
Jessica Otey