[lustre-discuss] Issue with installing zfs on lustre

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Wed May 4 22:39:32 PDT 2016

On 04/05/16 20:29, sohamm wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for the responses.
> 1. Does this mean I can continue with the zfs packages 0.6.5 from
> zfsonlinux.org/epel.html <http://zfsonlinux.org/epel.html>?
you can go for zfs 0.6.5.6 safely, at least this was told to me today
from the Intel developer who submitted the patch.

> Sorry if I am repeating the question. Why am i not able to download it
> from Intel site. Is it restricted to few ?
you have to use this repo:

http://archive.zfsonlinux.org/epel/zfs-release.el7.noarch.rpm

here you have all the rpm needed for ZFS. This is the official ZFS on linux repo.

from the intel site get the Lustre 2.8.0 rpm

this worked for me I have 1 MDS and 1 OSS with one OST built on ZFS raidz2 (8 SSD disks) in production
and I reach 850MB/sec writes throughput from one client which is mounting the OST over 10Gbit connection.

Cheers

Rick