[lustre-discuss] Relaxing read consistency, from other node write

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Mon May 9 09:25:49 PDT 2016

You can set "lctl set_param ofd.*.sync_on_lock_cancel=never" to drop the sync when multiple clients access the data before it is written to disk.

As you wrote, it does mean if both the client and the server crash before the data is on disk it will be lost, but that is rare and in many cases the performance is more important.

Cheers, Andreas