[lustre-discuss] more on lustre striping

Drokin, Oleg oleg.drokin at intel.com
Sat May 21 13:08:41 PDT 2016

The thing is, when you open a file with no layout (the one you cteate with P_LOB_DELAY_CREATE) for write the next time -
the default layout is created just the same as it would have been created on the first open.
So if you want custom layouts - you do need to insert setstripe call between the creation and actual open for write.

On the other hand if you open with O_LOV_DELAY_CREATE and then try to write into that fd - you will get a failure.