[lustre-discuss] Using lustre as a filesystem to boot from

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Thu Oct 6 09:32:16 PDT 2016

There was a presentation at LUG from ANU about using Lustre as a root filesystem:

http://opensfs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/830-900_Robin_Humble_rjh.lug2011.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpnYkx69QSc

Based on a presentation given earlier this year I believe that they are still using this system today.

Lustre Principal Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division