[lustre-discuss] "Not on preferred path" error

Lewis Hyatt lhyatt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:39:14 PDT 2016

Thanks very much for the suggestions. dmesg output is here:
http://pastebin.com/jCafCZiZ
We don't see any disk-related stuff there, and also our GUI shows all the RAID
arrays as being fine.

If anything in there jumps out at you, I'd really appreciate your thoughts! We
are almost certainly going to reboot the affected OSS later today to see how
that goes.

We're a fairly small team (12 people or so) so I have a good feel what everyone
is doing and they should not be abusing it too badly... We did recently ask
people to delete small files they may have, do you think deletion of a lot of
small files could trigger such issues? Thanks again!

-lewis