[lustre-discuss] question about /proc/fs/lustre/osc/ and llapi functions.

John Bauer bauerj at iodoctors.com
Fri Apr 7 17:06:03 PDT 2017

In /proc/fs/lustre/osc/ is an entry for every osc of all the lustre
files systems on a client node of the form
*nbp9-OST0124-osc-ffff880ffaa4bc00

*My I/O instrumentation library tracks OSC's associated with an
application file by reading the files in the directory for each OSC the
application file is striped on.
I am trying to avoid the use of opendir() and readdir() to find the OSC
entry of interest as there are 1284 entries in the lustre/osc directory,
and I do this for hundreds of application files on hundreds of ranks.
I would like to generated the names of the osc entries I need, on the
fly, given the discoverable file system name and osc indices.

I can find the file system name, *nbp9*, with llapi_getname().  I can
generate the *OSTxxxx* part with the osc index from llapi_get_stripe().
My question is, where do I find the *ffff880ffaa4bc00 *that is part of
the directory entry for each OSC?  The value would appear to be file system
related, as each OSC associated with a given file system has the same
value.  OSC's of a different file system have a different value.
Is there an llapi_xxxx() call that will get me this value.

Thanks

John

--
I/O Doctors, LLC