[lustre-discuss] Lustre Quotas

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Thu Aug 3 09:45:44 PDT 2017

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 11:48 AM, Jackson, Gary L. <Gary.Jackson at jhuapl.edu> wrote:
>
> Are quotas well supported and robust on Lustre?

As far as I know, they are.  But I mainly use quotas for reporting purposes.  I have not had much experience with enforcing quota limits in Lustre.

> What is the performance impact, if any, from using quotas?

The last time we did performance testing, I think we only saw a performance hit of around 10%.  But this was several years ago (i.e. - Lustre 1.8 days), so I don’t know how much things have changed since then.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator