[lustre-discuss] Lustre poor performance

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu Aug 17 22:45:34 PDT 2017

On 8/17/17 9:22 PM, Dennis Nelson wrote:
> It appears that you are running iozone on a single client?  What kind of network is tcp5?  Have you looked at the network to make sure it is not the bottleneck?

yes the data transfer is on ib0 interface and I did a memory to memory
test through InfiniBand QDR  resulting in 3.7GB/sec.
tcp is used to connect to the MDS. It is tcp5 to differentiate it from
my other many Lustre clusters. I could have called it tcp but
it does not make any difference performance wise.
I ran the test from one single node yes, I ran the same test also
locally on a zpool identical to the one on the Lustre OSS.
 Ihave 4 identical servers each of them with the aame nvme disks:

server1: OSS - OST1 Lustre/ZFS  raidz1

server2: OSS - OST2 Lustre/ZFS  raidz1

server3: local ZFS raidz1

server4: Lustre client