[lustre-discuss] Announce: Lustre Systems Administration Guide

DEGREMONT Aurelien aurelien.degremont at cea.fr
Wed Dec 13 08:02:54 PST 2017

Hello

My recommendation would be to go for something like Documentation-as-a-code.
It is now very easy to deploy an infrastructure to automatically
generate nice looking HTML and PDF versions of a rst or markdown
documentation thanks to readthedocs.io

readthedocs.io uses Sphinx as backend, likewise kernel.org
(https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.11/doc-guide/sphinx.html)

A github project could be easy plugged to readthedocs, but you could use
your own hooks.

If you use GitHub to store your source code, you can easily edit the
documentation source code and create a pull request. I know this is not
in line with Gerrit usage, but this is an interesting workflow.

I really think we should really uses such technologies which produce
very nice looking documentation, which could be easily exports,
versionned and coupled with a git repository. See how kernel.org uses it.

MediaWiki is not a good fit for doc manual like Lustre one. Not easy to
browse, not easy to export.

My 2 cents

Aurélien