[lustre-discuss] LNET Self-test

Oucharek, Doug S doug.s.oucharek at intel.com
Tue Feb 7 09:38:09 PST 2017

Because the stat command is “lst stat servers”, the statistics you are seeing are from the perspective of the server.  The “from” and “to” parameters can get quite confusing for the read case.  When reading, you are transferring the bulk data from the “to” group to the “from” group (yes, seems the opposite of what you would expect).  I think the “from” and “to” labels were designed to make sense in the write case and the logic was just flipped for the read case.

So, the stats you show indicated that are you writing an average of 3.6GiB/s (note: the lnet-selftest stats are mislabel and should be MiB/s rather than MB/s…I have fixed this in the latest release.  You are then getting 3.8GB/s).  The reason you see traffic in the read direction is due to responses/acks.  That is why there are a lot of small messages going back to the server (high RPC rate, small bandwidth).

So, your test looks like it is working to me.

Doug