[lustre-discuss] Using Lustre

E.S. Rosenberg esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu
Thu Feb 16 04:20:13 PST 2017

These are very general questions that *should* be addressed in generally
available documentation but I may be wrong but I think they are.

Either way to the best of my knowledge Lustre is currently only supported
on Linux, the officially supported distributions are RHEL and its'
derivatives.
We run Debian clients I believe there are also people who have Debian or
ubuntu servers but I'm not sure of that.

At the bare minimum you would need one machine as metadata server and one
as object storage server.

It looks like this page is now again up to date so it is probably worth the
read:

http://lustre.org/getting-started-with-lustre/

HTH,
Eli