[lustre-discuss] Lustre on Ceph Block Devices

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Feb 22 11:33:52 PST 2017

If we do test this I'll let you know how it works.

Why Lustre on GPFS?  Why not just run GPFS then given it support byte range
locking / MPI-IO and POSIX (Ignore license costs).

I'm trying to limit the number of disk systems to maintain in a system of
modest size where both MPI-IO and Object is required.    I have dedicated
Lustre today for larger systems and they will stay that way.  Was just
curious if anyone tried this.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Director Advanced Research Computing - TS
XSEDE Campus Champion
brockp at umich.edu
(734)936-1985