[lustre-discuss] Building against kmod spl/zfs

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Thu Jan 12 21:14:50 PST 2017

All,

I am starting to try and build lustre using just kmod instead of dkms. Now the trouble I am seeing right off is that lustre wants the spl and zfs source (which is part of the dkms packages) just to configure it. So what would be the appropriate way to try and make kmod-lustre? Should we obtain the spl source and just point to it? Or perhaps there is no kmod for lustre server as yet?
My simple config line is:

./configure  --enable-server --disable-ldiskfs --with-linux=/usr/src/kernels/$(uname -r)

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California