[lustre-discuss] Do 2.9 Client and 2.8 Server play nice

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Tue Jan 24 09:06:31 PST 2017

Yes this would be expected to work – it was part of the testing for the 2.9 release.

On 1/24/17, 8:35 AM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of E.S. Rosenberg" <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org<mailto:lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> on behalf of esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu<mailto:esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu>> wrote:

Hi everyone,

In the past 2.8 Client + 2.7 (or maybe it was 2.5.3) server gave us issues (servers crashing).

We would like to be able to move beyond kernel 4.2 on our clients but doing a server upgrade is not really what I want to do right now.

Does anyone know/is anyone running 2.9.0 clients against 2.8.0 servers?
Thanks,
Eli