[lustre-discuss] Best Practice of Copy within Lustre

Forrest.Wc.Ling at dell.com Forrest.Wc.Ling at dell.com
Sun Jul 2 19:03:32 PDT 2017

Dear all:

We have a customer deploy a 18 nodes cluster with a Lustre storage.

IOzone runs a good performance.

While my customer find the command “cp” is not as fast as IOzone. They want to copy

1.        a big size file, or

2.       a directory

3.       or a large number of small size files
within the Lustre file system.

I asked Bright for if I can install MCP for the parallel copy, understanding that MCP requires a lot software packages on BCM. I will not install MCP on my BCM software.

Do you have any best practice of copy, within a Lustre FS ?

Will my customer have to write a Slurm Job Script to do the parallel copying ? or do you have any best practice on copying within a Lustre FS ?

Thanks,
Forrest Ling (凌巍才)
+86 18600622522<tel:%2B86%2018600622522>
Dell HPC Product Technologist Greater China