[lustre-discuss] How to added new interface in lustre server?

Raj rajgautam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 08:11:07 PDT 2017

Lu,
I will add ib0 just so that it becomes more clear to understand in the
future:
options lnet networks=o2ib*(ib0)*,tcp0(em1),tcp1(p5p2)

Reloading lnet module or restarting luster will disconnect all the clients.
But don't worry, the clients will reconnect once it comes back online.
But if you have HA setup, I would recommend you to failover any OSTs that
this node is hosting to its partner. Once failed over, you can stop lnet by:
# lustre_rmmod
And reload lnet by
#modprobe lustre
Check whether you have new nids available locally by:
# lctl list_nids
If everything looks good, you can failback the OSTs to its original OSS
node.

Also, since you are adding a new lnet network (tcp1) or new NID to the
server, I believe you must change the lustre configuration information as
mentioned in the manual unless somebody here says its not necessary.
http://wiki.old.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual20_HTML/LustreMaintenance.html#50438199_31353

Thanks
-Raj