[lustre-discuss] set OSTs read only ?

Alexander I Kulyavtsev aik at fnal.gov
Wed Jul 12 15:04:16 PDT 2017

You may find advise from Andreas on this list (also attached below). I did not try setting fail_loc myself.

In 2.9 there is setting  osp.*.max_create_count=0 described at LUDOC-305.

We used to set OST degraded as described in lustre manual.
It works most of the time but at some point I saw lustre errors in logs for some ops. Sorry, I do not recall details.

I still not sure either of these approaches will work for you: setting OST degraded or fail_loc will makes some osts selected instead of others.
You may want to verify if these settings will trigger clean error on user side (instead of blocking) when all OSTs are degraded.

The other and also simpler approach would be to enable lustre quota and set quota below used space for all users (or groups).

Alex.