[lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.10.0 ZFS version

Cowe, Malcolm J malcolm.j.cowe at intel.com
Mon Jul 17 17:36:30 PDT 2017

The further complication is that the Lustre kmod packages, including kmod-zfs-osd, are compiled against the “lustre-patched” kernel (3.10.0-514.21.1.el7_lustre.x86_64), rather than the unpatched OS distribution kernel that the ZoL packages are no doubt compiled against. The move to patchless kernels for LDISKFS (which more or less works today, provided you don’t need project quotas) will further simplify binary distribution of the Lustre modules.

Malcolm.