[lustre-discuss] client complains about server version

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Thu Jun 8 06:05:50 PDT 2017

Just a minor correction on this old mail….
Both 2.5 and 2.4 were considered long-term-stable.

-Cory

p.s.
[At least 2.4.3 was the last public 2.4.x release according to the Changelog at https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/display/PUB/Changelog+2.4.]

From: lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> on behalf of Patrick Farrell <paf at cray.com>
Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 10:09 PM
To: Riccardo Veraldi <Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it>, "lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org" <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>
Subject: Re: [lustre-discuss] client complains about server version

Yes, I believe so.  Andreas or someone else from Intel may be able to confirm the most recent client that got interoperability testing with the 2.4 server from Intel.  It may have been only 2.5, 2.4 was not a maintenance release.  (2.5 was, and so got testing with at least 2.7 clients, maybe 2.8 as well?)

- Patrick