[lustre-discuss] Lustre/ZFS space accounting

Hans Henrik Happe happe at nbi.ku.dk
Fri Jun 9 00:27:27 PDT 2017

Hi,

We have ruled that out by monitoring use. It is happening during
checkpointing. So a continuing process were old checkpoints get deleted
after new ones are made. There are many checkpoints before

I messed things up in my first mail, so it wasn't clear why I talked
about space. Sometimes they they just get this (first number is MPI rank):

222: forrtl: Input/output error
222: forrtl: severe (28): CLOSE error, unit 10, file "Unknown"

Sometimes they get:

33: forrtl: No space left on device
14: forrtl: No space left on device
08: forrtl: Input/output error
08: forrtl: severe (28): CLOSE error, unit 10, file "Unknown"

Info: We have a ZFS snapshot of the osts and mdt. It's ZFS 0.6.5.7.

Cheers,
Hans Henrik