[lustre-discuss] Backup of Lustre Tuning Parameters

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Mon Jun 12 06:57:43 PDT 2017

Hello,

FYI, https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-4939 is tracking usability improvements to query and save/restore the filesystem configuration.  There is a patch contributed late last year and we (Cray) intend to finish this work out.  The Lustre Operations Manual will need an update with some best practices for use.

-Cory

--

On 5/27/17, 11:19 PM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Dilger, Andreas" <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of andreas.dilger at intel.com> wrote:

    On May 22, 2017, at 08:51, Harms, Kevin <harms at alcf.anl.gov> wrote:

    > what is considered best practice for backing up (or config management) of Lustre client/server tuning parameters?

    Since Lustre 2.6 the command "lctl --device %MGS llog_print '$<fsname>-client'" run on the MGS will print out the client configuration llog in YAML format so that it is easier to parse.  The MDT logs can be similarly dumped by specifying '$<fsname>-MDT0000'.

    Lustre Principal Architect
    Intel Corporation