[lustre-discuss] using an lnet router for certain connections... but not for others

Jessica Otey jotey at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 14 14:46:33 PDT 2017

We have three lustre systems, two "production" and one "recovery"
system, which is in essence a (partial) backup of ONE of the production
systems.

The main difference between the two production systems is that one uses
IB and one uses 10G ethernet among the OSSes.

I am in the process of moving my robinhood instance from one box to
another. The previous box was a normal "production" client, meaning it
accessed both clients via our lnet routers (which are identical, and are
used by both production lustre file systems).

The new box is a "data mover" for the backup lustre file system, which
was configured WITHOUT an lnet router. Because this box has IB, I am
able to connect directly to production lustre file system that also has
IB. The thing is, I would also like to keep using robinhood for the
other file system, the one using 10gig ethernet.

Is there a way to specify in the lustre.conf configuration a set up
whereby the lnet routers could be used to access only the production
file systems but not the backup file system?

Any leads appreciated.

Thanks,

Jessica

--