[lustre-discuss] lfsck output

Dacre, Alex Alex.Dacre at cirrus.com
Wed Mar 15 07:23:10 PDT 2017

Hi,

We run LFSCK on our filesystems once a week and use the failed_phase[12] statistics as a success indicator. However, we recently had an incident where the layout check reported ~1.3M items in the repaired_inconsistent_owner metric but the previously noted statistics were reported 0.

The operations manual states that this metric represents the total number.of OST-objects with incorrect owner information have been repaired in the scanning-phase1, but what does this actually mean? Additionally, is looking at the failed_phase statistics a good enough check to verify if irreparable problems are identified during an LFSCK operation? If not, what should we be looking at?

Thanks,
Alex
This message and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information that is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient you must not: read; copy; distribute; discuss; take any action in or make any reliance upon the contents of this message; nor open or read any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please notify us as soon as possible on the following telephone number and destroy this message including any attachments. Thank you. Cirrus Logic International (UK) Ltd and Cirrus Logic International Semiconductor Ltd are companies registered in Scotland, with registered numbers SC089839 and SC495735 respectively. Our registered office is at 7B Nightingale Way, Quartermile, Edinburgh, EH3 9EG, UK. Tel: +44 (0)131 272 7000. cirrus.com